Bahay Tuluyan is committed to building a world where every child's rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled.
We are a children's rights organization working to prevent and respond to abuse and exploitation of children through the delivery of child-centered programs and services at the grassroots level and dynamic collaboration with local and international partners for social development and change.
Bahay Tuluyan's strategic goals for 2014-2017 are:
- At least 90% of children involved in Bahay Tuluyan programs demostrate increased resiliency and decreased vulnerability to abuse and exploitation
- At least 75% of adults reached through Bahay Tuluyan's programs report that their knowledge and/or skills to protect children from abuse and exploitation have increased.
- Bahay Tuluyan is ethical, human, socially responsible, culturally sensitive, environment-friendly and is able to self-fund at least 40% of its operational costs.
Our core values are:
- Rights based framework
- Children's participation
- Non discrimination
- Best interests of the child
- Equity and fairness
- Professsionalism and ethics
- Gender sensitivity
- Good governance and integrity
- Ecologically friendly
- Individualized, intensive services
- Targeting child survivors of abuse and exploiation
- Case management & direct services - aiming to assist healing & recovery
- Strategic programs and services
- Targeting children/ youth at high risk
- Case monitoring & participation -aiming to prevent abuse & exploitation
- Community building
- Targeting at-risk population and key stakeholders
- Holistic strategies - aiming to address root causes & build a child friendly world